Breaking Information English
Taiwan Bans Find-A-Foreign-Bride Companies
Taiwan gets tough on mail order brides. Beginning with 1, 2009, there is a ban on companies that arrange international marriages august. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency states it would like to stamp out of the practice of Taiwanese males selecting Chinese or South-East Asian brides online. Companies can not just just take men that are taiwanese blind-date trips of Asian countries to pick a bride. All Taiwanese guys hoping to marry an international girl must now connect with a government agency that is approved. A matchmaking cannot be charged by these organizations cost. The money that is only are now able to alter fingers is actually for airfares and resorts for international visits. Organizations that try to charge for arranging marriages is going to be fined as much as $US 30,000.
The brand new laws are element of Taiwan’s brand new Immigration Act. The area country desires to lower the true quantity of fraudulent marriages. The laws that are previous a lot of women joined the nation after marrying Taiwanese males, simply to are prostitutes. There have been a great many other crimes such as for instance insurance coverage frauds. How many international brides showing up in Taiwan has grown significantly. Immigration officials report that around 420,000 international partners, mainly brides, entered Taiwan within the very first 50 % of 2009. This figure compares with 410,000 for the entire of 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it difficult to locate a bride that is taiwanese. Lots of women are placing their profession ahead of marriage, marrying at a later on age, or perhaps not marrying after all.
1. WEDDING: Walk all over talk and class to many other students about wedding. Change lovers usually. Stay together with your very very first partner(s) and share your findings.
2. TALK: In pairs / teams, determine which among these subjects or terms through the article are most fascinating and that are most boring.
getting tough / mail order / immigration / blind dates / matchmaking / wedding / laws / insurance scams / partners / placing jobs before wedding
Have chat concerning the subjects you liked. Change subjects and lovers often.
3. INTERNATIONAL SPOUSE: would it not be hard to marry some body from a different country? Finish this table. Share your ideas. Change partner and share that which you heard.
4. OVERSEAS WEDDING: pupils A strongly think worldwide marriages are bad; pupils B strongly think worldwide marriages assist the world. Change lovers once more and mention your conversations.
5. MAIL-ORDER PARTNER: what is very important in a partner that is mail-order? Place these in an effort from 1 to 8 (1 is most significant). Compare your list together with your partner. Change partners and share again.
_____ feeling of humour
_____ love of life
_____ wants children
6. DATE: invest about a minute recording all the various terms you keep company with your message ‘date’. Share your terms along with your partner(s) and speak about them. Together, place the words into various groups.
BEFORE READING / LISTENING
1. REAL / FALSE: glance at the article’s headline and imagine whether these sentences are asian brides at https://bestbrides.org/asian-brides/ real (T) or false (F):
Taiwan has stopped businesses finding brides that are foreign Taiwan’s males.
Companies utilized to simply just just take guys on trips to fulfill prospective spouses.
It really is no further feasible for Taiwanese men to marry a foreign girl.
There clearly was a financial fine for organizations whom charge matchmaking charges.
Taiwan really wants to decrease the amount of worldwide marriages.
There were many instances of international brides winding up as crooks.
There have been more international grooms than brides into the half that is first of.
Taiwanese women can be engaged and getting married much more youthful today.
2. SYNONYM MATCH: Match the following synonyms from this article:
3. PHRASE MATCH: Match the following expressions from this article (sometimes one or more. combination is achievable):
Taiwan gets tough
of parts of asia
it would like to stamp
connect with an approved
in front of marriage
The money that is only are now able to alter
on mail purchase brides
Reduce the true amount of
other crimes such as for example insurance coverage
out of the training
women can be placing their job
WHILE READING / LISTENING
GAP FILL: place the terms to the gaps into the text.
Taiwan is getting that is__________ on mail order brides. Beginning with August 1, 2009, there is certainly a ban on businesses that ____________ worldwide marriages. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency claims it desires to stamp the practice out of Taiwanese men choosing Chinese or South-East Asian brides ____________. Businesses can no further simply just take Taiwanese males on blind-date trips of Asian countries to ____________ a bride. All Taiwanese males hoping to marry an international girl must now ____________ to a government agency that is approved. These organizations cannot ____________ a matchmaking cost. The money that is only is now able to change ____________ is for airfares and accommodations for international visits. Organizations that make an effort to charge for arranging marriages should be ____________ as much as $US 30,000.
This new regulations are ____________ of Taiwan’s new Immigration Act. The island nation would like to ____________ how many fraudulent marriages. The ____________ laws implied a lot of women joined the united states after marrying Taiwanese males, simply to act as prostitutes. There have been a number of other ____________ such as insurance coverage scams. How many international brides showing up in Taiwan has ____________ dramatically. Immigration officials report that around 420,000 foreign ____________, mainly brides, joined Taiwan in the 1st 50 % of 2009. This figure ____________ with 410,000 for the entire of 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it tough to find A taiwanese bride. Lots of women are putting their_ that is__________ ahead of wedding, marrying at a later on age, or otherwise not marrying after all.
LISTENING: Listen and complete the gaps.
Taiwan is getting ________________ order brides. Beginning 1, 2009, there is a ban on companies that arrange international marriages august. Taiwan’s Immigration Agency states it wants ________________ practice of Taiwanese guys selecting Chinese or South-East Asian brides online. Companies _________________ Taiwanese men on blind-date trips of Asian countries to pick a bride. All Taiwanese men ________________ foreign woman must now connect with a government agency that is approved. These businesses ________________ matchmaking fee. The only cash that is now able to alter hands is actually for airfares and resort hotels for overseas visits. Companies that try to charge for organizing marriages ________________ to $US 30,000.
This new laws are element of Taiwan’s Immigration that is new Act. The area nation desires to ________________ of fraudulent marriages. The laws that are previous a lot of women joined the nation after marrying Taiwanese men, ________________ prostitutes. There were ________________ insurance coverage scams. The amount of international brides showing up in Taiwan has grown considerably. Immigration officials ________________ 420,000 foreign partners, mainly brides, joined Taiwan in the first 50 % of 2009. This figure compares with 410,000 ________________ 2008. Taiwan’s men have found it difficult to locate A taiwanese bride. A lot of women are placing their job in front of wedding, marrying ________________, or otherwise not marrying after all.
UPON READING / LISTENING
1. TERM RE RE SEARCH: try looking in your dictionaries / computer to locate collocates, other definitions, information, synonyms … for the expressed words‘blind’ and ‘date’.
- Share your findings together with your lovers.
- Make concerns making use of the terms you discovered.
- Pose a question to your partner / group your concerns.
2. ARTICLE ISSUES: Look right right back in the article and write some questions down you’d like to ask the class in regards to the text.
- Share your questions along with other classmates / groups.
- Pose a question to your partner / group your concerns.
3. GAP FILL: In pairs / groups, compare your responses to the workout. Look at your responses. Speak about the words through the task. Were they brand brand new, interesting, well well worth learning…?
4. LANGUAGE: Circle any expressed words you may not comprehend. In teams, pool unknown terms and use dictionaries to locate their definitions.
5. TEST ONE ANOTHER: go through the terms below. Along with your partner, make an effort to recall the way they had been utilized within the text:
STUDENT OVERSEAS MARRIAGE SURVEY
Write five GOOD questions regarding worldwide marriage into the table. Do that in pairs. Each pupil must compose the relevant concerns on his or her own paper.
When you’ve got completed, meeting other students. Take note of their answers.