4 Info about the NEW SAT to Ease the Mind of School Administrators
Winter is nearly here, which means additionally it is time for your personal students to get started prepping for that NEW SITTING.
But may worry, wish here to help!
Here are all five facts helping put you plus your students’ mind at ease on this mysterious different test.
Alter isn’t generally bad
Outside of what most of the people already know— the grp composite score switching from 2400 to 1600— some of the honest changes to the revolutionary SAT may possibly work inside a student’s favor and include:
- NEW SITTING only possesses two groups: Evidence-Based Writing and reading, and Numbers. Simplicity is an excellent thing.
- The main essay is normally optional. Therefore if the schools your individuals are applying to don’t require a essay, they are able to skip the item altogether.
- There is no penalty with regard to incorrect info. This should alleviate a lot of anxiety for students.
- There isn’t more word completion things testing maussade vocabulary. Discussing face them, most students loathed having to retain random thoughts just for the particular sake from the SAT. Website won’t have got to.
- There will be a heightened use of maps . and chart, even in the particular Reading segment. This might abode well intended for visual scholars.
The newest SAT powerfully resembles typically the ACT
Due partly to your popularity of typically the ACT and also fact that last year more individuals took the actual ACT than the SAT, the fresh SAT was largely created in response to this kind of trend.